Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Cherry bomb work in progress

This is for my buddy Wil Caligan's Cherry Bomb comic. Not sure when it's slated to be released but I shall keep Y'all posted.
I dont usually talk about my process but I thought it might be useful to someone :) So a bit about the process : I first ruffed out the entire concept on 8.5 x 11 which i didn't post, then i scanned it into PS3 where I dropped in two separate perspective grids on it. the firt being the bg perspective and secondly the perspective of the bike. the reason being is i didn't want the bike to sit exactly parallel to the side walk. yes it's a little more work (but not too much) to get the perspective to turn just a little bit ( correctly) but it's worth it, plus it makes the piece a little more dynamic and draws your eyes to the girl and bike as well.
I then printed out the two different grids and drew the bike on a separate sheet about 6 inches wide. I then printed the bg grid about 4 inches tall and 8 to a page so I could explore different bg ideas. I think it was the fourth thumbnail before i found this bg you see here. then i comp the two together in PS3 and whamo this is what you get.
I hope that was clear and I hope you dig :)
Cheers,
Robin


6 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

needs more lines.
Brilliant as always... well actually maybe a little bit more brilliant

6:23 AM  
Blogger Kristina Bustamante said...

Oh, dear God! This drawing has so much going on in it! Amazing!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jesse Winchester said...

Hi Robin.
As far as design work in Vancouver....the only design job that I know is hiring is at Rainmaker animation. They do direct to dvd mostly but are developing a feature...Not sure which the gig is for.

I know a few of my friends have had luck with some of the video game studios (ex. Propaganda) out here, although Ive never gone that route.

Ill let you know if I hear anything else.

Best of luck.

5:58 PM  
Blogger artist Dejan Ostojic said...

Brilliant!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Robin, I know I said it to you on DA but you deserve to hear it again. This rocks. You raised the bar my friend.

8:46 AM  
Blogger PEPE said...

thanks folks!

Hey Mick, more lines are coming just for you!!hehehe

Hey Jesse, thanks for the heads up mate!!

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home